Going to the dentist for some people is always a torture appointment, especially for nervous people.
Here are 10 tips to overcome fear of the dentist:
- Visiting the dentist should be a habit, always go for a checkup at least once a year and not come with pain or discomfort because the treatment becomes more complicated.
- Search for a known dentist or by recommendation so the professional will give us more confidence in the consultation.
- To make a preventive treatment of dental prophylaxis (cleaning) and fluoridation at the first appointment with your dentist, in this appointment you will check all your mouth and your teeth, in order to advise how to continue your treatment.
- “Better safe than sorry” … if you already know that you have cavities perform the cures and do not expect it to bother the tooth, because the treatment is more painful and expensive.
- To be informed through the technology that they are going to make treatment, the help of the internet is very valuable to know how is the procedure that they are going to do.
- Accompany a friend or family member who transmits peace and tranquility.
- Remember that dentistry is now far advanced and treatments cause the least possible discomfort to patients.
- Transfer to the dentist our fears, remember that they are professionals and know how to treat patients who suffer from fears and will offer us all the information we need to reassure us.
- To overcome noisy equipment you can ask the dentist to use hearing aids to listen to convenient music to relax.
- You can also bring anti-stress items such as foam balls, which are pleasant to the touch.